Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Disability Lawyers
Applying for disability benefits can be confusing. People often have misinformation or know nothing about the process. At our law firm, The Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC, our attorneys are committed to providing people with accurate information about disability claims. Whether you are seeking Social Security Disability benefits because of an injury or illness that prevents you from working, or need to navigate the Veteran's Administration benefit system, we will provide you with the information and assistance you need.
Our lawyers answer questions such as:
- What medical conditions qualify me for benefits?
- What is evidence of total disability?
- If I have a mental condition, does that qualify me for disability benefits?
- Why do I need a lawyer to file a disability claim?
- How can I afford an attorney?
- How do I go about hiring a lawyer?
We also help with questions about working while your claim is pending, finding the right medical treatment and whether benefits include ongoing medical coverage.
Common Misconceptions About Disability
Our attorneys also make sure that misinformation does not prevent people from seeking the benefits to which they are entitled. We address misconceptions such as:
- I should get benefits because I can no longer perform my job. This is only partly true; you need to prove that a disability is the reason you can longer do the work required.
- I was discriminated against in the workplace and laid off. Social Security Disability benefits do not cover cases of discrimination. You may have other remedies.
- I'm not old enough to get SSD. You can apply for disability benefits at any age. Some of our clients have been in their twenties.
- I can't work because of a mental illness. Do I qualify? Mental disabilities are evaluated in the same way as physical illnesses and conditions to determine eligibility for SSD.
- I can't work because I'm an alcoholic. Although addiction itself does not qualify, the conditions that led to the addiction may make you eligible for SSD benefits.
Make an Appointment to Learn More
To learn more about Social Security Disability, contact a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, attorney. Call The Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC, at 716-213-6378 or toll-free at 888-322-9399 or send an e-mail to get your questions answered.
We handle the vast majority of our cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we charge no fees unless we are successful. Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your case. We offer same day consultations over the phone, and have staff standing by to assist you.